Friday, November 14, 2008

home made eggnog

my family can't have most of the commercial eggnog out there since most have artificial flavor or color or something crappy in them. my husband LOVES eggnog. he even puts it on his Christmas list every year. so I make it at home. You have to cook this version. that way no one gets sick
I made a double batch. so yummy!this is my grandfather's recipe

2/3 cup sugar

8 egg yolks (beaten)

3 1/2 cups whole milk

2 cups whipping cream

3Tsp Nutmeg

1tsp cinnamon

1tsp cardamon

1tsp cloves

combine the milk and eggs and sugar and cook on low just until it coats the back of a metal spoon. DO NOT BOIL IT. if you do (like I did accidentally) it will be a little grainy. still yummy though


Nate helped stir

and monkey see monkey do. Sam helped too. (look I am Dr. Seuss)

let the cooked mixture cool slightly then whisk one cup of the egg mixture into the cream.slowly add the cream into the egg mixture. add the spices and chill for at least 4 hours. you may have to mix it again when you serve it.




doesn't that look yummy!







No comments: