Friday, November 14, 2008

lemon angelfood

a recipe from Cupcakes! by Elinor Klivans
I am a novice. this recipe showed me just how new I really am to the world of cupcakes.
I thought these sounded easy enough and after making creme brule the night before I had a ton of leftover egg whites.So I figured I would give it a whirl.I made mini cuppies and well the first batch burned on the bottom. They were still tacky and pasty white on the top though. I lowered the temp a bit and started over.





flour and lemon zest

eggwhites beaten into submission. I love the way beaten eggs look.


the second batch was much better. I would have liked a stronger lemon taste but I LOVE lemon anything so I guess i am not a good judge. I covered them in icing made with just powdered sugar,vanilla and lemon juice.
finished product. yummy!